Monday, October 11, 2010

Stummbling Upon Creativity...

A few days ago, while going through old papers, I stummbled upon some notes I had written for a photography class for a presentation on night photography. I had remembered trying to get the perfect night photography pictures which were difficult considering you had to "try it out" before you knew what you wanted to take a picture of. I had know the basic rules and went to experiment in my own front yard. Until I had gotten the pictures onto a larger screen, I had not know how beautiful my front yard was at night, until I had taken those pictures. I had also, earlier today, stummbled upon a book at had purchased on different activities with photography. One in particular that I had found was on finding a adjective and going out into the world to take photos that describe that adjective. I thought, "What a great way to explore outside yourself. You would have to 'search' for things to discribe an adjective." I have decided that I will go out with my camera and set out on a random adjective quest. If you would like to suggest an adjective, do so in the comments or let me know personally. I hope to update this post with a slideshow on flikr. I will ask random people to suggest a adjective to me to search for creative photos to best discribe each adjective. Updates coming soon...hopefully.
Here is a link to how to create night photography: http://www.digital-photography-school.com/night-photography-tips-for-dslr-users (watch the video)
Here is a link to the book with this cleaver idea: http://www.amazon.com/Photojojo-Insanely-Great-Photo-Projects/dp/0307451429
For more updated photo ideas: http://content.photojojo.com/
The photo is one that I took at about 9:15pm last year. I was experementing outside and took this really cool picture. By the way, it was pitch black outside even though it does not look like it in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment